Monday, September 13, 2010

Fight Child Trafficking - You can do this NOW!

Please take a minute and do something tangible to fight against child-trafficking.

The International Justice Mission has put together very simple instructions we can follow to support a bill that would help eradicate child trafficking.

Here are the simple steps. To visit the IJM page click HERE.
  1. Find out who your Senators are and how to contact them (Find your state in the upper right corner and look for the “Contact” section on your Senators’ websites.)
  2. Check to see if either of your Senators has already committed to co-sponsor the CPCA.
  3. Make the call – use these sample scripts as a guide:
    For Senators who are not already co-sponsors of the CPCA:
    “Hi, my name is [NAME] and I’m calling from [City, State]. [Optional: Can I speak to the legislative aide who handles human trafficking issues?] I’m calling to ask Senator [NAME] to co-sponsor S. 3184, the Child Protection Compact Act. This bill would help to eradicate child trafficking, an issue I really care about. At a minimum, I’m hoping the Senator will commit to voting to pass the bill when it reaches the Senate floor. Would you please pass my message on to the Senator? Thank you!”

    For Senators who are already co-sponsors of the CPCA:
    “Hi, my name is [NAME] and I’m calling from [City, State]. I’m calling to thank Senator [NAME] for his/her co-sponsorship of the Child Protection Compact Act. This bill would help to eradicate child trafficking, an issue I really care about. I appreciate the Senator’s leadership on the issue, and I’m hoping the Senator will vote to pass the bill when it reaches the Senate floor. Would you please pass my message on to the Senator? Thank you!”

I just did this and it literally took less then 5 minutes - PLEASE take the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment