Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Food for Thought...

October 16th was World Food Day and October 17th was World Poverty Day.



I would ask you to take a minute and look at these slide shows...think about how we as Americans eat in relation to how people around the world eat:

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1626519,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1645016,00.html



It's a hard thing for me. I love to cook. I love to eat good, healthy food. I like to make special meals to celebrate people. I think sharing a meal is a God-ordained, powerful way to build relationships. However...I also realize that most people in the world have so much less food than I do.



I want to (and learn more to) enjoy the food I have been given, praise God for how He provides for me, my life to be about sharing with those who don't have as much as I do, and pray that I will continue to trust His goodness if a day comes when I don't have enough...



Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment